Every year, new ed-tech products are introduced in the classroom. Some get traction and take off, while others don’t.
What’s trending in ed-tech
in 2019? Here are some categories
and products to watch.
#1: Research & Writing
- Microsoft’s PowerPoint QuickStarter
automatically researches a topic and creates a presentation outline with
relevant pictures, video clips, references, etc.
- The best way to improve writing is to write and
get feedback. But a teacher with 25 students per class period and 5 classes a
day can be overwhelmed with 125 essays to grade per assignment. Automated essay grading software and apps
that submit essays to outsourced writing experts provide the fast feedback
students need to improve writing and free up teachers for other things.
- Writing management software supports peer-to-peer essay grading. Students learn a great deal by grading other
students’ work, and studies suggest students put in more effort when writing
for peers vs. when writing for a teacher’s grade.
#2: Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR and AR)
- VR Quest uses game design and project-based learning in a virtual world to teach real-life skills. Fun to use and academically rich.
#3: Coding, Robotics and Games
- CodeREVkids teaches coding and robotics and common-core math standards using Minecraft. Students can program and share games too.
#4: Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is all the buzz
these days. But what can AI do for education?
- Gamification is a fun, effective way to keep
students engaged in learning. Many of these games use algorithms to create appropriate
personalized learning experiences for students.
What trends do you see? What products are promising? Why?
I welcome your feedback.
Stuppy, EDUMETRIX CEO, helps ed-tech products & services companies grow
fast, dominate their market & sell for maximum value. John is a successful global ed-tech
leader. He guides, mentors & drives
companies to hit aggressive business and education goals using his hands-on
management experience & technology savvy in rare combination with stellar
academic credentials, strategic vision and sales expertise.
Book a free consultation.